We have started new website of Reference Notes where you will find Notes, Question Paper, Solution, Old is Gold, Educational Software of all level. The location is MeroSpark.com - NEB, SEE, CTEVT, Bachelor's Level Notes, Question Papers, Notices and Many more..

Monday, May 13, 2013

Four Important Question with Answer From "The Recurring Dream" And Summary

English | Questions
Four Important Question From "The Recurring Dream"
Class : 11

Summary
The story is laid on the background of England. The main character of this story is Kimberly Clerk. She works in the office of a large company. She is beautiful young woman. But she has a great problem of dream that begins on a country road which has lane with a white fence. On the top of the little hill, she sees little white cottage with green shutters. She walks up to the house and finds an old man. He is old with white hair and white beard. When Kim goes near his bed, the man wakes up. Then he sits up and looks towards her, when Kim opens her
mouth to speak with him; she wakes up in her room in London. This mysterious dream bothers so much to Kim which gives a lot of troubles to her. She talks about it to her roommate Janet Wilson. One day Janet suggests Kim to visit her parent farm for a few days. According to their plan, they leave the city in Janet's car. On the way, into the car Kim closes her eyes and sees the same dream which she sees in the dream. She surprises and requests Janet to stop the car. Kim gets out from the car and walks up the lane to the home. She is quite nervous on that situation. Everything is the same but there is a sign for sale in front of the house. She goes to the door and knocks at the door. A little old man opens the door. He is the same as in her dream. Kim asks to the old man to sell the house but the old man claims that she does not want to buy this house because a ghost haunts there. She doesn't believe what he says with her. She asks who the ghost is to the old man and the old man says she is the ghost and he closes the door from inside. There are two common explanations of this story. The first is that when Kim dreams, she sends her thoughts to the old man in the house. This means when Kim is dreaming, the old man thinks he is seeing a ghost. The second explanation is that when Kim dreams, her spirit leave her body and visits the house. 

Important Questions 

1. Write about a dream that you have seen recently. 
Ans: Yesterday I saw a terrible dream about a ghost. In my dream I found myself sitting with my friends in the jungle. When I was a little away from my friends, I saw a ghost dancing around me. It was telling me that I was going to be killed. In my dream, I cried so badly. I was asking for a help. My friends did not listen to me what I was saying. I fell in a critical condition. I thought I had to kill the ghost. Then, the fight began between me and the ghost. The ghost had had very sharp claws and redred eyes. It was so furious so I was. I tried to thrash it on the stone. Fortunately, I succeeded on my own and the ghost was thrown into the river nearby. Finally, I went to my friends who were looking at me. They asked me how the fight was like. I also narrated the event as it was happened. The next day, the result of my dream came true. I got the first division in exam. 
 
2. Do dream have any connection to our real life? Discuss your personal view. Also relate to the story. "The Recurring Dreams." 
Ans: Of course, dreams have connection to our real life. I have got such experience in my life. Once I saw my friend Mohan fallen down from a tree in my dream. After few days, I heard the news that he met an accident. He was rushed to the hospital. His condition became worse. His hands and legs were broken and ultimately died. 

3. Why do some people have recurring dreams? Give your opinion. 
Ans: Many people have their dreams at night. We have also got some experiences of dreams. In our dreams sometimes we see ghosts, wild animals, great buildings, juggles, death person, friends etc. In my opinion we see these persons, animals, things because of our unsatisfied desires. We have experienced that what we desire in a daytime, occurs in our dream at night. So desire of getting something might be the cause of recurring dream. In the same way sometimes we see same dream day by day. We have experienced the fact that we fail in our exam in the dream if we are waiting for exam result. So fear might be the cause of dream. 

4. Why does Janet want to take Kim to her parent's farm for a few days? 
Ans: Janet wants to take her friend to her parents' farm because Kim had a problem of recurring dream. She used to see the same old man and the white house in her dream. Kim tried to speak to that old man in her dream but suddenly woke up from her dream. This happened daily. Her friend, Janet wanted to take Kim to her parent's farm so that Kim will feel easy and forget that recurring dream. So Janet takes Kim to her own parents' farm for a few days. 

Questions for Practice 
1. Why do you think cottage is for sale? 
2. Describe a village house in about ten sentences. 
3. Narrate the story of "The Recurring Dream" in 200 words. 
4. What do you think is the reason some people having recurring dream? 
5. Describe the man Kim sees in the house.

Read This Also :
Don't forget to LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT. Please Join with us on Facebook for Daily Notes and Updates.

6 comments:

  1. Do you think Kim is a ghost if why why not

    ReplyDelete


  2. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to leave your comment.